This past April, Dyson (yes the vacuum brand) solidified themselves as game changers in the beauty industry when they introduced this innovative new hair dryer, better known as the Supersonic. With the launch and availabilty of the beauty device this past June, beauty lovers around the world are left wondering have we witnessed hair drying history?
Sure one might take a look at the price tag and think, “OH NO WAY, $400 for a hair dryer?” And I’d have to admit, I had that exact sentiment. I mean why would I spend $400 on a hair dryer when I can pick up one for less than $50 at my local beauty supply store? What was the big deal, I thought? But the more I researched the product the more it started to become appealing to me. Sure $400 is a lot of money, but most women spend that within 2 months with regular visits to the hair salon. Could this be the investment I’d need to make, to save thousands of dollars at the beauty salon in the long run? Well let’s see…
A couple of facts about The Dyson Supersonic:
- The brand spent over $60,000 buying different textures of human hair to test their product. They wanted to be sure to test the dryer’s quality, and what affect it could possibly have on several different textures of hair.
- They literally built this device from nothing. The equipment and technology they needed didn’t exist, so they created it. Talk about innovation! Dyson is clearly no stranger to being innovative, so it’s cool to see they are taking this transition into the beauty industry just as serious as they would creating a new vacuum, air filter, or hand-dryer, three products they are known for perfecting.
- They worked with some of the world’s top hairstylist to perfect the device’s functionality and features.
- This beauty gadget is equipped with a silencer feature that makes the sound of “blow drying” close to obsolete. To reduce the noise of the Supersonic, Dyson’s engineers included acoustic silencers in the handle of the dryer – eliminating the typically annoying loud blower sound. (I bet your husbands, boyfriends, and sleeping children can appreciate that)
- It didn’t happen overnight. The Dyson Supersonic has been in the making for the last 4 years, so it’s clear serious time and effort has gone in to perfecting the hair drying process!
I’ve never known a Dyson product to not be of the highest quality, but I still was a little skeptical. So I researched a little more. What I can appreciate is, Dyson really took the time to understand the science of hair and what other hair dryers were doing incorrectly. According to engineers at Dyson,
Hair dryers with big bulky motors have to put them in the head – it’s the only place they will fit. That’s why hair dryer design hasn’t changed since the 1960s. The Dyson digital motor V9 propels 13 liters of air per second, but it’s no wider than 1.06 in. Just small enough to turn conventional engineering on its head.
They found a quicker more effective way to dry hair. No more spending 30 minutes drying your hair when it should otherwise take you half the time. They found a sleeker way to pack a little more power in the punch!
What I am going gaga over is the sleek design of this hair dyer! It is aesthetically beautiful, and has a ton of different functions that all glamour girls can appreciate. Each attachment goes on easily! No more twisting and turning until you feel like your wrist is about to break! Each attachment pops on easily with a sleek magnetic feature that is sure to make your hair drying experience an easy one!
The Smoothing nozzle, Styling concentrator, Diffuser – Iron, Non-slip mat, and Storage hanger are all of the attachments and extras you receive with your choice of either the silver or fuchsia dryer color option.
The bottom line, this dryer is worth every penny, but the question is are you willing to make the investment and splurge? I think I’ll be adding this to my Christmas List. This dryer is truly holiday wish list worthy!