“And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
It is finally summer!!! I have been waiting all year for this season! If you’re anything like me, you love the warmth of the sun on your skin, popsicles, and short shorts. It feels so good to finally dress for comfort and fun! This time of year it’s all about freedom and function. I am ready to break out the tank tops, sandals, and soft colors.
It’s also the time of year where wearing white and ivory daily is completely acceptable. It’s just something about wearing a crisp white shirt that makes summer, that much more enjoyable. And all of those light colored accessories get the most wear! I was so ready to break out my vintage Chanel! If you have any shoes, bags, or belts that are bright and light, this is the time of year for them to make their appearances!
But back to the main thing, function! Function is priority number one in my summer wardrobe. How often can I wear it? Does it travel well? Is it light weight? If the answer is yes to any of those questions, and especially at once, I usually feel compelled to make those particular items apart of my go-to summer wardrobe. If clothing items tend to wrinkle easily or require a lot of maintenance, I try my best to stir clear of them during the summer months. I prefer to be free and my sassiest self this time of year, and these are just a few suggestions I have for my fellow Posh Dolls to accomplish the same thing!
- Never spend more than $20-$50 on items for your summer wardrobe. I prefer to buy items on sale towards the end of summer to have for next year! August is generally when the sales begin!
- H&M has the best items for the summer, on a budget.
- Tank Tops are your friend. They go well with skirts, shorts, and jeans and can be dressed up or down. White, Black, Ivory, Red, and any pastel colors are fun for the summer. $8 or less is my max budget on these.
- Floral prints and lace go a long way! They instantly give you a classic look during the summer.
- Flirty is way more fun! Dresses and rompers do just the trick and are easy options for a girls night, date night, and all those beach escapades you’ll have this summer!
So remember, keep it fresh, fun, and flirty this summer! It’s sexier that way!
◾Top: Fashion Nova – http://www.fashionnova.com/
◾Shoes: Boutique Purchase (Peep Toe, no longer available)
Hair: Malika Goins – @beautybymalika
Make-Up: Ashley Tolliver – @beautybandit_ashley
Photography: Breann White – @breannwhlgn